Excellent buoyancy control is what defines skilled scuba divers. You have seen them underwater. They glide effortlessly, use less air and ascend, descend or hover almost as if by thought. They more easily observe aquatic life without disturbing their surroundings. You can achieve this too. The PADI Peak Performance Buoyance Specialty course improves the buoyance skills you learned as a new diver and elevates them to the next level.
PADI (Junior) Open Water Divers or higher, who are at least 10 years old, are eligible to take the Peak Performance Buoyance course.
While working on moving more efficiently through the water, you will also learn how to:
- Determine the exact weight you need, so you are not too light or too heavy
- Trim your weight system and scuba gear so you are perfectly balanced in the water.
- Streamline to save energy, use air more efficiently.
- Hover effortlessly in any position.
Prerequisites & Requirements
Duration: 1 day, 2 dives
- Age Requirement
- 10 years or older
- Course Prerequisites
- PADI (Junior) open Water Diver (or qualifying entry-level certification)